October 24, 2006
Heya, guys – I just tossed up some of my ideas on what makes a ritual good. I’d love some feedback on it! These things always need tweaking. You can read it here.
Also, I’m refining my ideas for tomorrow. Here’s what I’m thinking at the moment:
1) gathering, saying hi, taking off coats, etc
2) breaking and blessing bread
3) eating a meal and reflecting on the story of Bartimaeus from the viewpoint of the crowd (bibliodrama led by me)
5) pouring and blessing wine (post-meal)
6) sitting back, sipping wine, making plans for next month, and generally shooting the shit
Sound good? I’d like to do something interesting with the space. Maybe we could tell most of the story in the dark and then light a few candles when Bartimaeus receives his vision. A dark room can loosen up inhibitions, especially since we’re asking people to express themselves creatively.